The City of Richmond's Office of Emergency Services is offering Train the Trainer (T3) classes for CERT graduates the weekend of September 21-23, 2018.
This 3-day class teaches you how to lead general CERT training classes and is a nationally recognized certification. The class is expected to be held on Friday evening, followed by two full days on Saturday and Sunday.
September's class has been specifically scheduled so that those certified will be able to use their training immediately in October's citywide CERT basic training class.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CERT Basic Training course.
- Demonstrate the ability to present an assigned portion of the course (teach-back).
- Communicate the core values of the program.
- Demonstrate classroom management techniques.
- Demonstrate effective teaching techniques.
- Model appropriate behavior as an instructor. In addition to the overall course objectives listed above, each unit has specific objectives.
- You must be a CERT basic training graduate;
- You must agree to teach at least one CERT basic training class in October.
If you are interested in taking Richmond's Train the Trainer, email Genevieve Pastor-Cohen, director of Richmond's Office of Emergency Services, at Genevieve_Pastor-Cohen@ci.richmond.ca.us to express your interest.