Earthquake Country Alliance is a public-private grassroots partnership that coordinates the annual Great California ShakeOut earthquake drill and develops multi-sector educational resources available at www.EarthquakeCountry.org. Funding for ECA activities is provided by FEMA’s Building Science Branch as part of its support for the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services Earthquake Program.
Please invite colleagues in your professional network to attend this workshop. Working together we will further our goals to promote and improve preparedness, mitigation, and resilience.
- Learning from the Northern California Fires: Lessons for the Next Major Earthquake
- Access and Functional Needs – Team Response (Kathy Gerk)
- Shifts in Disaster Sheltering (Jennifer Lazo, City of Berkeley)
- The HayWired Scenario: Cascading Hazards (Anne Wein, USGS)
- The Power of Social Cohesion and Vulnerable Populations Survival (Daniel Homsey, Neighborhood Empowerment Network, City and County of San Francisco)
- Sharing from attendees about recent activities and upcoming plans (You!)
- New earthquake preparedness resources and 2017 ECA Activities in the Bay Area and Statewide (Mark Benthien, ECA Executive Director)
8:30 am – 9:00 am
Registration and continental breakfast
9:00 am – 12:45 pm
There is no cost to attend this workshop.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Sandow, ECA Regional Alliance Liaison, at bayarea@EarthquakeCountry.org or (213) 740-4593.